XP

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

At the Foot of the Cross

One of the songs that has touched me so much is "At the Foot of the Cross" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk7_SBxYSZs ) by Kathryn Scott. It is so beautiful and described the Christian life so perfectly. It is the prayer of heart.
Yesterday I read a article in a Home School Enrichment magazine titled "Homeschooling at the Foot of the Cross". The author described how she was frustrated during the day with teaching her son, and them both getting frustrated. God brought that article in my life at the right time. My oldest son and I were so frustrated with each other yesterday, he covered his ears and wouldn't listen to me! In the article the frustrated mom confided in her friend who advised her to bring every lesson into prayer with her son. So I pray "Lord please help me to teach this to my son and help my son to understand it. Help us to be filled with your love even in our lessons." Being at the foot of the cross all day in the moment of hardship. Not just s quick prayer in the morning. Teaching your children at home is refining because you are forced to teach things that aren't always easy. I have to deal your your child's behaviors and attitudes all day, and correct and train him in the ways of the Lord. Lord help me and give me grace. I will stay at the foot of the cross.

God speaks in 1 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."
In my weakness, when I submit to Him, I am strong. His strength, not mine! (1Cor. 12:10)


Oh Lord wash me at the cross. Wash away anything that is not of you.

To look up verses in the Bible go to www.Biblegateway.com

No comments:

 
Can You Raise The Dead?
Jesus said to Raise the Dead. How do you do it?