XP

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Confirmations: The Extravagant Love of God

Last week during prayer meeting at church I kept getting the feeling I was supposed to read part of Isaiah 54 over one of the woman there. I felt compelled for half of the meeting, so at the end I did it. I  said the whole chapter was for her but this one part I needed to read over her as a blessing. With tears in her eyes she said that God had pointed her towards that scripture and she had just read it that very morning! Later the same day I checked my email and the Daily Grace Inspiration from Joseph Prince Ministries was on Isaiah 54 too! Wow.
Now this isn't a new chapter to me. I often will write Isaiah 54:13 in baby shower cards. "All your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be the peace of your children." The whole chapter is so beautiful and poetic. It shows the heart of God in such a extravagant way. His love is amazing, personal, and bountiful. He has compassion on those that suffer, and has a great future even for those who feel unloved or unlovable. Read it here Isaiah 54.

No comments:

 
Can You Raise The Dead?
Jesus said to Raise the Dead. How do you do it?