XP

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Nourishing Lemon Scone Cookies

I was searching online for a lemon cookie that used fresh lemon juice and had wholesome ingredients. I couldn't find anything that was right. I have a whole container of beautiful meyer lemons from Costco and I had to use some, tonight!
I came up with this recipe using only ingredients that I feel good about feeding my kids- wholesome and nourishing! They are kind of a cross between snickerdoodles and a scone. Not too sweet, full of lemon flavor, and nice texture.

1 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup raw honey
1 cup shredded coconut
3 cups whole grain kamut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tarter
2 organic eggs
Juice of 2 meyer lemons
(optional 1/2 cup course raw sugar- this can be mixed in at the end- it adds a nice crunch to the outside of the cookies and a good amount of sweet. This makes it more like a tea cookie.)

I mixed all the ingredients in my mixer and baked at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. It made 42 cookies.


Cookies going into oven
Finished Cookies

No comments:

 
Can You Raise The Dead?
Jesus said to Raise the Dead. How do you do it?