XP

Monday, August 10, 2015

Spider Webs: Making Invisible Traps Visible

I was watering my garden this morning. The sun was shining, the insects were buzzing and fluttering all around. It was so pretty out, but I kept hitting invisible snares: icky spider webs. This late in the summer the spiders are really coming out- they are everywhere! I got a big one crawling on my leg when I was mowing last evening- ick.. . . ! And the casualties are evident, mummified mason bees stuck in webs scattered about. As I hit another lead wire web between my shrubs and my rose buses and wondered what was attached to it; the Lord spoke to my heart. I sprayed all around me with the midst setting of my hose, and suddenly what was invisible, or barely discernible, became completely visible. The water outlined the webs so brightly in the sun.

"to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word. . . ." Ephesians 5:26

"But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life." John 4:14

This short but meaningful experience was a reminder that if we stay close to Jesus, letting him wash us with the water of His Word, and drinking the fresh Water of communion with Him, He will highlight the traps in our path. What was invisible becomes visible and we can avoid traps that would ensnare us and lead us in the wrong direction.



No comments:

 
Can You Raise The Dead?
Jesus said to Raise the Dead. How do you do it?